Thursday, March 24, 2011

Alrighty then

I had one of those moments of 'well now, that's odd' yesterday on the drive home. It is getting close to the time when I need an oil change, and I started thinking about how long I have had my car. As of April 9th, I will be celebrating my 3rd anniversary, and nearly 51000 miles later I am still pleased with it.

It's just the 51k thing that surprised me. But running the numbers, it does add up. I average between 300-315 miles per tank (15.3 gallon), with an average fill up between 10.5-12 gallons.

So, 156 weeks x 300 miles = 46800 miles.

I didn't think I would quite be at that high a number yet, but I am. Guess it really does add up when you aren't thinking about it.

And I guess it is time for another oil change soon.

No comments: